New PSB Portal

Hi,

I want to know if a customer uses his old subscription key to upgrade protection service for business for all clients in his account is done or not? and the same for on premise(business suite) ?

Comments

• Ben
    Ben W/ Alumni Posts: 664 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello, 

Could you give us more information regarding your demand. The new PSB portal should not affect directly subscription keys.

Are you encountering problems with "old" subsciption keys? What do you mean by "old"?

• Nada-
    Nada- W/ Alumni Posts: 8 Security Scout

Hi,

I mean the key of the account that is handled by the account manager when purchasing F-Secure but you said that the new PSB should not affect directly subscription keys.

I want to update all clients of the customer account so i want to know when the clients of the account will be updated automatically or i should uninstall the software from all clients and then download it to update clients.

Best Regards

Nada Ismail

• PetriKuikka
    PetriKuikka W/ Member Posts: 236 Threat Terminator

Hi Nada,

are you now referring to the PSB Workstation Security 12 to Computer Protection channel upgrades?

This will definitely go to next year in large scale, as we still just developing the featured needed for it (channel upgrade and profile migration).

Petri 

• Nada-

Hello,

yes, i refer to that.

I know this will definitely go to next year but if i want to update it now can i do that manually or i should wait for the next year?

Thanks in advance

Nada 

• PetriKuikka

Hi Nada,

ok, now I understood your orinal question :). Here is the answer to that:

Manual upgrade on top Workstation Security 12 is fully supported. It will remove old product, ask for reboot and then automatically install the new Computer Protection. As the profiles are not yet migrated the upgraded computer will start using the default Computer Protection profile assigned to that company.  So if you need some changes in your profile, you need to do those manually to a Computer Protection profile.

So if you have only little amount of profile changes or you are just using the F-Secure provided profiles you can upgrade just fine manually. Migration of profiles and channel upgrade is there to just reduce the work needed to be done by portal administrators.

Petri

• Nada-

Hi,

I removed the old product and install computer protection package but this message appeared and the key don't expire.

So what is the problem?com. protection installation2.png

Nada

• PetriKuikka

Hi,

did you remove the old computer from PSB portal? Maybe the subsciption is full and cannot add new device to it.

Petri

• Nada-

Hi,

No, i didn't remove this computer from the devices in the portal

Nada

This discussion has been closed.