FSIS to PSB CP18: is there an easy venue for transition?

etomcat
etomcat W/ Alumni Posts: 1,172 Firewall Master

Dear Sirs,

I have a theoretical question: if an excessively "price-conscious" SMB customer has been protected by a few dozen copies of FSIS but grew to regret the lack of any management features, is it possible to easily convert them to PSB?

I think it could have been difficult with the old "FSAV WKS 12.01" product, since that was much different technologically. On the other hand, the new generation "Computer Protection 18.x" looks quite similar to the SOHO (Safe / FSIS) product range, so maybe the transition process isn't that drastic?

Thanks in advance, Yours Sincerely:
Tamas Feher, Hungary.

Comments

• fedool
    fedool W/ Staff, W/ Article Coordinator Posts: 162 W/ Staff

Hello,

I think in both cases transition is the same - you need to run PSB CP18 installer, it will sidegrade (remove) previous installation, reboot and install PSB CP18.

PSB CP18 installer should be able to remove FSIS automatically, but I'm not 100% sure.

• etomcat
    etomcat W/ Alumni Posts: 1,172 Firewall Master

Dear Fedool,

Thanks for your quick response!

I was hoping for something super convenient, based on F-Secure's traditional focus on automation. The need to visit the endpoints and "need to run PSB CP18 installer" can be a hassle if the PC fleet is distributed or some other complication emerges.

For example let's say sysadmin sends F-Secure Logistics the list of expiring F-Secure SoHo keycodes, the list of FSIS unique computer IDs and the newly purchased PSB keycode(s). The vendor does some "magic" with that data set and voila, the existing FSIS copies are centrally push-replaced by FSAV CP18. Is that possible or unrealistic?

Thanks in advance, Yours Sincerely:

Tamas Feher, Hungary.

This discussion has been closed.