PSB won't install all components on Win10 Lenovo Laptop

TEnebo
TEnebo W/ Alumni Posts: 5 Security Scout

I have two new laptops with Win10 (came with McAfee preinstalled). I download and install F-Secure from Comcast Business and it fails to install Internet Shield, Real-time email scanning with no "reason" given. The install DOES remove McAfee. Comcast and F-Secure are ZERO help in solving the problem. Any ideas? Thanks!

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko W/ Alumni Posts: 39 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello,

I'm only F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Maybe one option is to try McAfee own "removal tool":

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview?articleId=TS101331

McAfee MCPR

With my 'home' laptops and preinstalled McAfee it was useful (multiple times).

Thanks!

• TEnebo
    Thank you for the suggestion. Since McAfee was already uninstalled, I downloaded their tool and ran it anyway, it didn't help Smiley Sad
  • Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello TEnebo,

What is the F-Secure product/version, which is failing. Is it Computer Protection or Workstation Security?

Most likely we will need diagnostic information collected from your machine for identifying the root.

Best regards,

Vad

• TEnebo

The version is the latest download from Comcast Business: PSB Workstation 12.01. I would love for someone to help troubleshoot as I am just getting the run around from both Comcast and FSecure support... nobody has done anything in two weeks to actually look at the problem. They just keep telling me I have to call the other and doing nothing to resolve. Appreciate any help you can provide!

• Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello TEnebo,

We need diagnostic information from one of affected machines for analysis.

Best regards,

Vad

• TEnebo

Thanks. I was finally able to get Comcast and F-Secure support to open a ticket and am on the phone with Fseure support right now. Fingers crossed they can figure it out. Appreciate you stepping in here! I will post the resolution when we have it!

• TEnebo

Still no resolution. I have gone into "engineering blackhole".... this is pretty silly at this point. 

This discussion has been closed.