F-Secure Gatekeeper crashing Server 2008 R2

ajdunne
ajdunne W/ Alumni Posts: 1 Security Scout

We have a SBS 2011 server (Windows Server 2008 R2) with PSB E-mail and Server Security installed, version 12.10 build 280.

Periodically (once every few weeks) the server becomes very slow or unresponsive to network traffic and is not able to accept log-ins from the console or Remote Desktop clients.

The only solution is to reset. 

When I can get back in, I can see in the Event log hundreds of Gatekeeper events: 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The description for Event ID 1 from source F-Secure Gatekeeper cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files (x86)\APC\PowerChute Personal E...EnergyLog.mdb

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The exact file that the event refers to varies among 3 or 4 different files.

I do NOT have Scheduled Scanning turned on and Scan inside archives is turned OFF. 

Is there a solution?

Thanks.

Comments

• Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello ajdunne,

We had similar reports from our customers, and they were caused by other AV solution and/or Windows Defender running on the same server together with our product.

If this is not the reason in your case, please, contact support. We will need more detailed information from affected server(s) for investigation.

Best regards,

Vad

This discussion has been closed.