Computer stuck in activation limbo

BBIT
BBIT W/ Alumni Posts: 6 Security Scout

Hi,

I have a PC that seems to be stuck in some kind of activation limbo.

We have the exact same amount of users as we have product keys, and I'm in the process of replacing our client PCs, so whenever I start with a new user I remove the old PC from the list, install F-Secure and provide the product key during the install.

Once in a while I've been prompted to re-enter the key after the installation just to have it rejected due to "insufficient amount of free licenses".

I would then check the list of clients, find the newly added PC, remove it, re-enter the product key and everything was fine.

This time, however, I have a PC that prompts me to enter a valid key, but it's nowhere to be found on the client list in the portal, so I can't remove it and follow the steps mentioned above.

Is there some way to fix this without having to contact the user and remove the old installation? (He's on a two week vacation, and I'd hoped to have his new PC ready for when he returns)

Edit: And I have made sure to clear the subscription list from old clients with each install.

Comments

• fedool
    fedool W/ Staff, W/ Article Coordinator Posts: 162 W/ Staff

Hello,

Does your list of computers (devices) on portal contain the same amount of devices as amount of subscriptions you have or you have some free spaces there?

And please provide more information about your account so we could check it (you can send a link to your device listing).

• BBIT

Hi,

No for some reason we have 96 devices on the list (and 95 licenses, all in use), but there is only 95 devices listed (I've counted), but the extra device may be the one server we have F-Secure installed on.

https://emea.psb.f-secure.com/#/c270125/devices/?category=overview

• BBIT

When you're speaking of the sun: He called me some 15 minutes ago, because he recieved a prompt on his PC that his license has expired. So I have removed F-Secure from his old PC.

I still experience the same issue, though.

• fedool
    fedool W/ Staff, W/ Article Coordinator Posts: 162 W/ Staff

Our backend developers are checking this issue

• radmat
    radmat W/ Alumni Posts: 2 Security Scout

Hello.

Can you provide us with name of the computer that you're having troubles with?

• BBIT

Hi,

The client in question is bbmobil003

• radmat
    radmat W/ Alumni Posts: 2 Security Scout

Thank you. It would also help if you provided FSDIAG report.

Here are instructions on how to get it: https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Common-topics/How-do-I-create-an-FSDIAG-file/ta-p/18190

• Laksh
    Laksh W/ Alumni Posts: 237 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello @BBIT,

Kindly contact our support team with the diagnostic report generated (as mentioned by @radmat) so that this can be investigated further. Please contact them here.

This discussion has been closed.