Is Win10 v1809 supported ?

hyvokar
hyvokar W/ Alumni Posts: 165 Junior Protector

Hi, 

We've had couple of FSCSPr clients go **bleep** up after upgrading windows 10 to v1809. Is the v1809 supported? This behavior does not happen with 1803 or 1709.

Comments

• hyvokar
    hyvokar W/ Alumni Posts: 165 Junior Protector

The status says "Malfunction. Please restart your computer". 

in the settings -> other settings -> downloads several components are failed to install, starting (in this case) from 20.11 F-secure Ultralight Core udpdate

• I've a similar problem on F-Secure 14 and Windows 10 1809.

I've got the same problem for some computers, and for other computers, the interface is in english (for a french installation) and very weird.

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp W/ Alumni Posts: 669 Firewall Master

Those screenshots do not look like F-Secure Client Security 14.0. Is thatPSB Computer Security?!

Nevertheless my company has not received any reports, neither on PSB nor on CS.
    But I have seen a report in the community on other language Windows IIRC.

• It is nethertheless F-Secure Client Security Premium 14.

This is the F-Secure interface of a computer where the antivirus works.

I"ve created a support request this morning for the problems.

1.png

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp W/ Alumni Posts: 669 Firewall Master

Was just about to withdraw my question. But that really looks like a badly broken, pre-meturely aborted installation and my advise would have been to contact Support. This needs to be looked into.

Do you have any idea, if the system was shutdown during installation?
    Was it installed by Software Management?
    How long did you wait before shutting down/restarting the system?
    Our current advice is to hardcode a 15 min delay before doing the reboot, as there is no indicator when the update is complete (and even after that reboot there might be a second restart needed as well).

Matthias

• The problem is that "the language problem" appears seven days after installation, and without reboot the computer.

Within 7 days, the antivirus (and the interface) works great, and suddendly, the antivirus appears like the screenshot ... It's very weird ...

I can reboot the computer two twice and the "language problem" isn't appear, and suddenly, the problem appear ...

• etomcat
    etomcat W/ Alumni Posts: 1,172 Firewall Master

Hello,

xxxxxxxx

Is it a good idea to give away the address of your F-Secure Policy Manager Server via screenshots? The host seems to be available from the public internet. Isn't it better to make it only available internally and/or via VPN?

BR, Tamas Feher, Hungary.

EDIT: PII

This discussion has been closed.