Deploying Computer Protection with Intune

Neoito
Neoito W/ Alumni Posts: 2 Security Scout

So I've seen the thread here and followed the isntructions here but I feel like I must be missing a step. When using the MSI file I create to install it still asks for a license key when you run Computer Protection. There is no way I'm aware of that you can use a .MST file with Intune. 

Any enlightenment/pointing out of me missing the obvious would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello Neoito,

Seems you are asking in a wrong place. Please, ask here: https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Protection/bd-p/PSB.

Best regards,

Vad

• kiryvl
    kiryvl W/ Alumni Posts: 4 Security Scout

According to this docs

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/lob-apps-windows

Microsoft Intune supports passing command-line arguments to MSI package:

"Command-line arguments: Optionally, enter any command-line arguments that you want to apply to the .msi file when it runs. An example is /q."

Given that the simplest way to provide the license key might be via command-line.

Please specify the following arguments for MSI:

VOUCHER=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX /qb

where "XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX" should be replaced with your actual license key code.

"/qb" option will enable silent installation.

• Neoito
    Neoito W/ Alumni Posts: 2 Security Scout

Thanks for the reply!

I have tried this and Computer Protection does install but upon launching is for a license key. I've also tried the new Win32 app method with a transformation file but just get a "failed to install" message. I do love a good helpful error from Microsoft!

• kiryvl
    kiryvl W/ Alumni Posts: 4 Security Scout
    Neoito, please share the SECL.log file located in C:\ProgramData\F-Secure\Log\SECL with me via a private message.
    It should contain the information why license wasn't applied.
This discussion has been closed.