Email notification of infection/virus found ONLY

GerardSweeney
GerardSweeney W/ Alumni Posts: 5 Security Scout

Hi..

How do I go about configuring Policy Manager to email me when it detects certain types of Security Alert?

Security alert: Spyware Alert!
Security alert: Manual Scanning Finished: Infection
Security alert: Virus Alert!

Under Server Configuration\Email alerts, I can select the Host alert severity.
I'd tried various settings here, but I was getting notified when clients were running with outdated virus definitions. Which I'm not really interested in because we have laptops which aren't used for weeks, and I'll be getting constantly emailed when they're first switched on.

So I only want Policy Manager to send me an email notification if it's something serious - as in a suspect file has been located.

Thanks,

Gerard

Comments

• Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello Gerard,

Depending on the product version you have, you can do the following:

- For 13 and older client versions: in PMC in Alert Forwarding table in Email recipient addresses select only modules you are interested in (for example, Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware and DeepGuard). You can not select specific alert types.

- For 14 version you can configure alerting only from PMC Tools > Server Configuration > Email alerts. Here you can only select alerts by severity.

We will try to improve alerting in the future releases.

Best regards,

Vad

• b21
    b21 W/ Alumni Posts: 2 Security Scout

Dear Gerard,

In the policy manager please configure the SMTP configuration settings and open the port 25 between the Policy manager and end user email domain server IP.

SMTP configuration:

Source: Policy Manager IP

Destination: End-user email domain server IP address

Port to be open: 25

Please let me know if you have any queries..

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.