F-secure 13.11 stuck updating virus and spyware scanning on new install

tom69764
tom69764 W/ Alumni Posts: 4 Security Scout

Ive just upgraded from F-secure client security premium 9 to  13.11 build 100 and it is stuck updating virus and spyware scanning and scheduled scanning, for several hours so far. 

I have tried uninstalling it several times but it makes no diference, it will install but stays updating and then it will not scan anything.

Comments

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp W/ Alumni Posts: 669 Firewall Master

1) While build 110-V2 is the latest V13 build, why not go with V14?

2) You might still need some reboots, as many dirvers got replaced.

3) Upgrade from V9 to V13 is not a supported setup. The existing V9 policy might not work with V13.

Use UI-Tool to cleanup then do a propper reinstall.

• tom69764

Thank you, I think I’m stuck on build 100 on this PC whilst the other one is build 110, so for some reason it’s not updating to 110, which might be the problem. 

Do you know how I can get it to update to 110, also where do I find the UI tool to do a proper clean up?

• tom69764

Thank you, but I would have to purchase a new licence for V14 and V13 which I have purchased  should work fine and it is  not.

I just want V13 to work as it should and do it’s updating.  

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp W/ Alumni Posts: 669 Firewall Master
    No idea what you are talking about. You are only entiteled to pull updates for a year (or two). This has nothing to do with a Version. As long as you have a valid license you can ask to send you the latest keycodes for V14.
This discussion has been closed.