Local Printing

DuWMarkus
DuWMarkus W/ Alumni Posts: 2 Security Scout

Hello, we use the protection service on business. Since last week, it takes up to 40 seconds to print a document. If I disable computer protection and restart, the printout will work immediately. Does anyone have any idea why printing is blocked before I stop protecting it? Thanks, Markus

Comments

• Sethu Laks
    Sethu Laks W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 216 Moderator

Hello @DuWMarkus 

Just to make sure that you have already enabled the following Firewall Rules under Profiles in F-Secure PSB portal. Enter the required information (e.g. Local IP address, Remote IP address, port numbers) for each of the rules.

Allow Netbios services inbound from file & printer shares over TCP (Allow In & Out)
    Allow Netbios services inbound from file & printer shares over UDP (Allow In & Out)
    Allow SMB over TCP inbound from file servers (Allow In)
    Allow SMB over UDP inbound from file servers (Allow In)

If yes, but the issue still persists, it would be easier for us to check if you try diabling the feature one by one (i.e firewall , deepgaurd, realtime scanning) to find out which feature is causes the slowness issue.

For instance, you can try disabling network drive scanning. Follow these steps:

Log in to the PSB Portal >Go to profiles >Choose the used profile> Go to Real-time scanning
    Set Scan network drives to disabled

• DuWMarkus
    DuWMarkus W/ Alumni Posts: 2 Security Scout

Hello Sethu,

thank you for your answer. The firewall settings are set. The Problem is with the realtime-scanning.

There i have to change the item >exluded expansions< and enter the INI extension, then the printer works perfectly.

Markus

• Sethu Laks
    Sethu Laks W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 216 Moderator

Hello @DuWMarkus 

Glad to know that you have managed to slove the issue.

• etomcat
    etomcat W/ Alumni Posts: 1,172 Firewall Master

Hello,

> change the item >exluded expansions< and enter the INI extension

That's a large IT-security risk! It is better to find out which particular .INI file has trouble with FAV PSB and then submit that file to F-Secure Virus Lab, so they can fix the false detection or blocking situation.

Best regards: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

This discussion has been closed.