Software updates not installing

kostasb
kostasb W/ Alumni Posts: 4 Security Scout

I've noticed that some updates are not being installed. 

For example java "could not be downloaded".

Some other security updates just seem stuck (at "Update requested").

Why is it that windows don't automaticaly download some of the security updates? My windows settings are set to automatically download critical updates. But i still get some extra updates availiable by f-secure, like the following:

Security Only update for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, and 4.7.1 updates for Windows Server 2012 (KB4099638) 

Servicing stack update for Windows Server 2016, version 1709 and Windows 10, version 1709: February 12, 2019 (KB4485448)

Security Cumulative Update for Windows 10 and Server 2016 Version 1709: April 9, 2019 (KB4493441)

etc...

Comments

• Chimpymoo
    Chimpymoo W/ Alumni Posts: 12 Security Scout

Just to add to this, I have also noticed that installing flash updates installs adobe reader and visa versa.

• DiAmi
    DiAmi W/ Member Posts: 31 Junior Protector

The same problem we have here as well! Is it a known issue and F-Secure is trying to solve this? 

• kmastemaker
    kmastemaker W/ Alumni Posts: 11 Security Scout

Hello,

same issues here Java & adobe updates were not installing.

Now since upgrading the clients to 14.02 none of the updates are installing.

• NR
    NR W/ Alumni Posts: 1 Security Scout

We have most updates stuck with various statuses (installation requested, downloading update package & could not download update). Some have been for weeks despite the computers being online. Software updater doesn't seem to be working very well at the moment.

• Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello everybody,

Regarding Java patching issues, please, check the following article:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Known-Issues-in/Software-Updater-unable-to/td-p/116932

Regarding Adobe, we are testing the fix now, and it will be published in the channel soon for 12/13 Server Security/Client Security versions. If you want to try it already now, please, contact support.

Best regards,

Vad

• kmastemaker
    kmastemaker W/ Alumni Posts: 11 Security Scout

Hello Vad,

I was not pleased to read the Java solution F-secure has announced :-(

Java updates are often regarded as critical updates and updates are released quite often.

Is it not possible to create some way we can add these updates to PM manualy so they can still be distributed to the clients using Software Updater?

Best regards,

Klaas

• Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello Klaas,

Sure, we have plans to implement this approach in future PM versions.

Best regards,

Vad

This discussion has been closed.