VDI deployment

fpinillo
fpinillo W/ Alumni Posts: 5 Security Scout

Hello everybody,

We are preparing to implement an Antivirus Protection of F-Secure (Business suite), to a client that has a Citrix VDI environment. We need to know where to obtain all the necessary documentation to be able to understand well this type of scenarios.

Also Know about:

- Procedure to be followed and components to be used
- Best practices for persistent and non-persistent scenarios
- How the registry works / unregistration for environments with single-image management
- What recommendations are there for the update of virus signatures in non-persistent environments
- What are the recommended exclusions that should be considered in an implementation?

I look forward to your comments.

FP

Comments

• etomcat
    etomcat W/ Alumni Posts: 1,172 Firewall Master

Hello,

> a client that has a Citrix VDI environment

There is a specific F-Secure product, which also supports "Citrix XenServer 6.2, 6.5" to boost the performance of F-Secure virus protection in virtualized environments. Please see:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/business_global/downloads/virtual-security

On that webpage you can find binary downloads and user/admin/implementation PDFs and release notes information.

Best Regards: Tamas Feher from Hungary.

• fpinillo

Hi Tamas,

The SRS allows to lower the load to the virtual machine and to the VD, however, that is only a part of what is required for an implementation of a VDI infrastructure

Thank you

Fernando

• fpinillo

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for you comments

I understand what you are saying, however, where is the ESS function? The ESS where it is installed? In the PVS? Once the ESS is installed, what is its function and how would it work? F-Secure does not delve into any documentation this

Regards

FP

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp W/ Alumni Posts: 669 Firewall Master

Sorry, but I have no Idea what you are searching for.
    SRS ist installated as a standalone VM next to all VDIs
    and Client Security 14+ is installed on the master, being the image for the VDIs.

The functionallity is configured via F-Secure Policy.
    enlist the SRS servers (2 reccommended for failover).
    and switch the setting on.
    grafik.png

• fpinillo

Matthias, when I talk about ESS, I mean Email & Server Security. The ESS within a VDI infrastructure, where should it be installed and what role does it have?

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp W/ Alumni Posts: 669 Firewall Master

Client Security with activated "Offload Scanning Agent" is what you want in VDI.
    ESS is a for a Citrix Terminal Server or Exchange Server.
    It has the same "role" as Client Security in Windows.

This discussion has been closed.