I am very disappointed with F-Secure.

Everson
Everson W/ Member Posts: 23 Cyber Knight

Hello since the beginning of this year, I have noticed the lack of efficiency with F-Secure products to detect new threats, especially .msi, .lnk, .htm and .vbs threats, I believe that about 75% of new threats are going through F-Secure without being detected. Until last year, when I submitted malware, it took about hours for the vaccine to be made available, and by the next day the vaccine was available, but this year I'm submitting the threats and it's taking weeks to get out vaccine, that is when it is done, because more than 60% of what I submitted have not yet made vaccine available.

Unfortunately from my point of view F-Secure has made a very wrong decision to have switched Bitdefender's engine to Avira,  I used F-Secure for more than 10 years in my corporate network, it was the best AntiVirus in the market so far, but now it's worse than Windows Defender, I'm studying the exchange for another solution.

I am very disappointed with F-Secure.

Smiley Embarassed

Comments

• MonikaL
    MonikaL W/ Alumni Posts: 206 W/ Former Staff

Hello Everson,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have forwarded your feedback to the respecive team to start investigation. We will do our best to improve the situation.

I will let you know as soon as I have an update.

Best regards,

Monika

• Everson
    Everson W/ Member Posts: 23 Cyber Knight

After opening the ticket, many of the threats awaiting vaccine were detected. I will see if from now on F-Secure will maintain a good level of detection.

This discussion has been closed.