Computer Protection Premium blocking Windows feature update.

My computer was installing Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 today and after restarting started rolling everything back. I later found from the Computer Protection event history that it had blocked the SetupHost.exe under C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources. Reason: Ransomeware:AccessControl.

How do I avoid this problem?

Comments

• fedool
    fedool W/ Staff, W/ Article Coordinator Posts: 162 W/ Staff

Access control allows only specified applications to write to your protected folders. And it seems that windows update tries to write something with SetupHost.exe to one of your protected folders.

You can search FSecureUltralightSDK log in Event Viewer to see which exact file SetupHost.exe tried to write.

To allow it to write, you can add SetupHost.exe to allowed applications in Access Control

• Unfortunately this log has 0 events. Can you add SetupHost.exe to list of specified applications that can write to protected folders?

• This helped to finish the update.

• etomcat
    etomcat W/ Alumni Posts: 1,172 Firewall Master

Hello,

I think F-Secure Corp. needs to work on Dataguard module to make it more intelligent. It is not good when FSAV blocks legitimate Windows10 upgrades for whatever reason. Microsoft makes Windows 10 and they get to decide how its upgrade mechanism worksand how often they change the way that upgrade mechanism works and F-Secure needs to adapt. Stubbornly telling customers to configure exceptions for every mundane task leads to nowhere (e.g. I have seen Dataguard block .JPG access on the desktop).

Best regards: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

This discussion has been closed.