Importing Hosts after Policy Manager migration

Stephen-king
Stephen-king W/ Alumni Posts: 1 Security Scout

Hi,

We recently migrated our PM to a new server and copied over the DB which displayed all the hosts on the new PM server. We had to do a bit of extra config to get the PM server working and by the time we were ready to get the new PM server to be the live one, the hosts had disappeared due to inactivity.

We didn't think this would be a problem as when we changed the IP of the new server to replace the old server, the current clients should communicate with the new server and they should show as pending for import (or so we thought).

After a couple of days, they still weren't showing as ready for import so I went to the AD tab and set up a notification rule to pull in the available hosts. This pulls them into the "Unmanaged" section of the PM and the only way I can see to get them to managed is to push an install to them? I don't really want to push a new install to all of our hosts so I'm hoping someone knows of a way to just import the hosts into the PM without re-pushing an install?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Stephen

Comments

• Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello Stephen,

Hard to say what's wrong in your scenario without diagnostic information from one of affected client machines. Please, provide this information to support, and we will check it.

Best regards,

Vad

This discussion has been closed.