F-Secure Policy Manager 14.20 - Install Credentials

Steven_
Steven_ W/ Alumni Posts: 20 Security Scout

Hello,

when we try to install a new client with the policy manager (Policy Manager started with Account "Domain\Admin1") and say use different user to install ("Domain\Admin2") the Policymanager try´s to authenticate with "Admin1" at the new Server. (Windows EventLog at the new server).

Is this known?

Best Regards

Steven

Comments

• A_Grinkevitch
    A_Grinkevitch W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Product Leadership Posts: 169 W/ Product Leadership

Hello Steven,

I guess, you are talking about push installation feature. If so, browsing for needed host is executed with logged on user account (which is used to start the PMC application), while actual deployment is executed with selected in the wizard account: current user or custom one.

Regards,

Alexander

• Steven_
    Steven_ W/ Alumni Posts: 20 Security Scout

Hello,

yes i'am talking about push installations.

In the deployment wizard i use "Admin2", but PolicyManager trys to start with "Admin1",  Admin1 starts the policymanager.

Admin1 has no rights at the Remote Server, Installation failed. (WindowsEventLog at the RemoteServer)

When i start PolicyManager with Admin2 and deploy with Admin2 in the wizard the installation succced.

Best Regards

Steven

• A_Grinkevitch
    A_Grinkevitch W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Product Leadership Posts: 169 W/ Product Leadership

Hello Steven,

Toady we tried to reproduce your problem, but everything works as expected: installation at target host is processed with credentials entered in the wizard, while indeed there are number of connection attempts made with logged in user account, probably to fetch some host info while preparing the operation. Even though logon attempts of logged in user fail, installation is running smooth.

If your environment has some strict group policy rules, it might affect the push.

Regards,

Alexander

• jluc
    jluc W/ Alumni Posts: 3 Security Scout

Hello,

We are having the same problem. Push install fails, when not logged in with the user that as access rights on the client.

No strict GPOs, just default settings, UAC on default level on both systems.

• MonikaL
    MonikaL W/ Alumni Posts: 206 W/ Former Staff

Hello jluc,

We would require the diagnostic information from the affected client machine and policy manager to check the scenario. Please provide this information to support, and we will investigate further.

Best regards,

Monika

• jluc
    jluc W/ Alumni Posts: 3 Security Scout

I did open up a support case and sent the fsdiag files.

This discussion has been closed.