Computer Protection Problem

mauricio
mauricio W/ Alumni Posts: 10 Security Scout

Hi,

When I install f-secure Computer Protection I notice that Windows Defender Firewall Service or Firewall de Windows Defender is deleted by many services of F-secure like:

F-Secure Device Control

F-Secure Hoster

F-Secure Hoster (Restricted)

F-Secure Ultralight Hoster

F-Secure Ultralight Network Hoster

F-Secure Ultralight ORSP Client

F-Secure Ultralight Protected Hoster

This occur with Winfows 10. After that, is not posible find the service of Windows Defender Firewall Service or Firewall de Windows Defender and start it in order to permit the remote access.

I can not create the service of Windows Defender Firewall Service or Firewall de Windows Defender . I had to reinstall windows 10.

Someone has the same problem?

thnaks.

Comments

• fedool
    fedool W/ Staff, W/ Article Coordinator Posts: 162 W/ Staff

Computer protection does not uninstall Windows Firewall service. But it has a component to control Windows Firewall using profiles. Do you have "windows firewall enabled" or disabled in your profile? If you want Computer Protection to not to touch your windows firewall settings, you need to disable "Apply F-Secure firewall profiles" in your computer protection profile

• mauricio

Hi Fedool,

About Your Question: Do you have "windows firewall enabled" or disabled in your profile?

I have enabled "Windows firewall" in my profile:

Profile.png

I want  f-secure controlled the firewall. 

• fedool

Can you run "Support tool" from Computer Protection, upload generated file somewhere and send me a Personal message with link to it? I can check in logs what is going on.

• mauricio
    Hi,

I ve send the FSDIAG files to support. Give me you email address and i sent this file. thanks.
  • fedool

You can send it to xxxxx

EDIT: Removed email address

• mauricio
    Ok. I just sent the file.
This discussion has been closed.