Software Updater - Reboot Notification

DaFit
DaFit W/ Alumni Posts: 12 Security Scout

I have some questions to the Notification:

- is it possible to activate the button "later" instead of "restart" as default?

Cause we had some Users who are wroting a letter and by hiting enter, the pc will restart.

- why the popup shows again when i shutdown and power on the PC instead of restart? 

- is it possible to set a time between pressing later and the Notification popup again?

Thank you

Best regards

Comments

• Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello DaFit,

> - is it possible to activate the button "later" instead of "restart" as default?

Yes, this problem will be fixed in CS 14.20.

> - why the popup shows again when i shutdown and power on the PC instead of restart? 

Please, make sure that you do a real restart, not sleep or hibernate.

- is it possible to set a time between pressing later and the Notification popup again?

This possibility will be also added in CS 14.20.

Best regards,

Vad

• DaFit
    DaFit W/ Alumni Posts: 12 Security Scout

Hello Vad,

is there a release date for CS 14.20?

> - why the popup shows again when i shutdown and power on the PC instead of restart? 

> -Please, make sure that you do a real restart, not sleep or hibernate.

I now tried it on two different Notebooks with different Windows updates with the same result.

I clicked  "later" on both devices, then i go to shutdown.

The update now install, wait for power off and power on again.

After login the restart Notification popup. I click on restart in the notification.

After this reboot there ist no notification poping up.

Best regards,

DaFit

• Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello DaFit,

There is no exact date for CS 14.20 release yet. Current plan is to release it still this year.

Regarding the restart issue, I was not able to reproduce the issue on my test environments. Could you, please, contact support, and provide the diagnostic information from one of machines, which are still showing F-Secure reboot notification immediately after reboot.

Thank you in advance,

Vad

This discussion has been closed.