The base policy file on F-Secure Management Server is invalid

cetil35
cetil35 W/ Alumni Posts: 4 Security Scout

Hello all,

I have this error for many computers in my company.  Some days everything is ok but somedays all the time sending this error;

Product: F-Secure Management Agent 
Severity: security alert (5)
Message: The base policy file on F-Secure Management Server is invalid. This may happen if
someone has manually replaced the file. If the problem persists, please contact the system
administrator.

How can I avoid this errors , and what is the reason for this error , could you please help me ?

Comments

• MonikaL
    MonikaL W/ Alumni Posts: 206 W/ Former Staff

Hi Cetil,

Common causes of this error message are:

- "Base policy file on F-secure Management Server is invalid" appears mostly in situations when admin.pub on the client and on the policy manger are different, and because of that policy coming from PM can't be verified properly.

- Base policy could be corrupted during transit. To rule out this option, change a particular setting on the host using Policy Manager Console, distribute policies. Then change the value back to the previous value or hit the "clear" button to inherit the value from above. This ensure, the host will be generated a new, fresh base-policy.

- Base policy could be corrupted, because the system is running out of disk space. Check available disk-space on the system.

This discussion has been closed.