fspisces sandbox temp filesHyperinflated file size on Servers

CliveC
CliveC W/ Alumni Posts: 12 Security Scout

Background:

So I have a interesting anomaly, on one of my client's with PSB Server Protection Premium the temp files for he fspisces sandbox gets hyperinflated and when the process is reset, the file size reverts to normal but the file size grows again.  I have submitted fsdiag through our local f-secure channel who advised that a patch had been released to solve this issue, however after this patch it still happens and I had to resort to temporarily disabling the sandbox through the following Registry Key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\F-Secure\Ultralight\Settings\ods.new_pisces]
"value"=(REG_DWORD):0

This only happens on one server.

So my question:

Has anyone else experienced this same anomaly and tinkered around with what could be the cause, perhaps a environment unique configuration that I can change to try and get this working again until there is a confirmation with a patch that can resolve this (Maybe next week's release might solve it?)_?

Comments

• pavel2
    pavel2 W/ Alumni Posts: 1 Security Scout

Could you elaborate what means "Hyperinflated file"? Do you mean too big file or file not deleted after scanning or something else?

It would be also good to open support ticket to track the issue, could you do it?

Thank you, Pavel

• CliveC
    Hi Pavel, yes, it grows up to greater than 80GB and never cleares. I have via the reseller before and I was advised that a patched was released to resolve this, however this does not seem to be the case. I have sent an FSDiag as well, just thought someone on the forum might have experienced this and could give their insight.
  • fedool
    fedool W/ Staff, W/ Article Coordinator Posts: 162 W/ Staff

On this forum you can talk directly with developers (like me and Pavel) as well to help you solve the issue.

If new fixed version did not solve the issue for you then please collect new fsdiag and send it to us. If you already have support person in contact then it may be easier to do through him or directly here in private message

• CliveC
    Okay, so I will do change control to enable the registry entry again and if it happens I will collect logs and send them through. Kiitos fedool.
This discussion has been closed.