F-Secure Policy Manager Proxy 14.30 (Linux) Cache Size Increase

Ivanh
Ivanh W/ Alumni Posts: 7 Junior Protector

Hello,

I was wondering how can increase the Default 10GB Cache Size for PM Proxy as in https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Business-Suite/Optimize-network-bandwidth-usage/ta-p/82415 it's mentioned in /etc/opt/f-secure/fspmp/conf/proxy.cfg, but I don't have such file?

Many Thanks

Comments

• A_Grinkevitch
    A_Grinkevitch W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Product Leadership Posts: 169 W/ Product Leadership

Hello Ivanh,

The article you are referring to was written for PMP versions 1.x and 2.x. Latest PMP versions do not need such changes.

Do you wish to increase software updates cache size? If so, you should change it in policies. For that you need to open Settings tab, switch to Advanced view and navigate to F-Secure Policy Manager Proxy -> Settings -> Software updater -> Maximum disk space and set custom value.

Regards,

Alex

• Ivanh

Hello A-Grinkevitch,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, I'm looking to increase the Cache Size, but I'm using Linux so it's quite different than Windows and I think your instructions are related to Windows? Can you please provide instructions for Linux.

Thanks

• A_Grinkevitch
    A_Grinkevitch W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Product Leadership Posts: 169 W/ Product Leadership

Hello Ivanh,

Does not matter if you are running PMP at Windows or Linux, for Policy Manager both are the same and are managed from the one place.

I’ve attached screenshot for your convenience.

Regards,

Alex

pmp.png

• Ivanh

Hello A-Grinkevitch,

Thank you for getting back to me. 

The Linux Machine does not have Graphic Interface, but only Command Line as we do not need Graphic Interface so can this not be done via command line or we will have to install Graphic Interface to increase the Cache?

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.