How best to verify F-Secure PSB CP19 firewalling functionality at the network layer?

etomcat
etomcat W/ Alumni Posts: 1,172 Firewall Master

Hello,

How would you recommend to verify the operation of F-Secure PSB CP 19 firewalling? I mean we suspect that Windows 10 Security Center display may be showing factually incorrect "Firewall is disabled" info in red lettering on some clone-image based  workstations, while the Microsoft FW engine is likely running and even F-Secure's extra packet rules may be in full effect.

Would you recommend some website-based firewall "stealthiness test" or a downloadable "port scanner" utility program that can be run on another PC within the LAN?

Thanks in advance, Yours Sincerely: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

Comments

• MonikaL
    MonikaL W/ Alumni Posts: 206 W/ Former Staff

Hi Tamas,

I am checking on this with the PSB team, and will let you know as soon as I have an update.

Regards,

Monika

• fedool
    fedool W/ Staff, W/ Article Coordinator Posts: 162 W/ Staff

Hello,

You can try port scan tools.

But simplest way would be to create firewall rule to block google.com, for instance. and then check it's blocked (Just make "block" rule, TCP protocol and put google.com into remote address field).

You can also check this log:

C:\ProgramData\F-Secure\Log\Firewall\Blocks.log (it's also accessible from our firewall UI).

This log has info about blocks done by windows firewall so if it's really working - you will see activity there. And if this log is not logging anything - firewall is not working.

This discussion has been closed.