Installing FS Computer Protection to Mac (Big Sur)

DanRom
DanRom W/ Alumni Posts: 4 Security Scout

Installing went fine but the computer won't prompt the Accept button on System Preferences -> Security and privacy -> General tab.

What can I do?

Answers

• JamesC
    JamesC W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 498 Moderator

Hi Dan

Can you please try the below solution, and let me know if it works ?

After installation of the Mac product on macOS Mojave or later, a red F-Secure (X) icon may appear when running real-time scanning.

This is due to a new security feature, which was been introduced in macOS High Sierra (10.13).

During first time installation, the security feature requires you to allow system software from F-Secure.

Until the software is allowed, real-time scanning will fail.

Once the installation is complete, allow F-Secure software as follows:

1. Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy, and select the General tab.
    2. Click Allow. Once this is done, the icon status changes to normal and the error message disappears.

Note: The steps described must be performed locally on the machine and not remotely.

Full instructions with pictures: https://community.f-secure.com/psb-en/kb/articles/5688-issue-with-real-time-scanning-after-computer-protection-for-mac-installation-on-macos-high-sierra

In case the mentioned solution above does not work, carry out the following solutions one by one and verify if the real-time scanning could be enabled.

Solution 1:

1. Check in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility and remove or disable 3rd party accessibility software such as the Better Touch Tool or MagicPrefs.
    2. Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
    3. Select the General tab.
    4. Click the Allow button.

Solution 2:

1. Check in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Full keyboard access to enable full keyboard access.
    2. Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy, and select the General tab.
    3. Use Tab key to move the focus on the Allow button
    4. Press Spacebar on your keyboard while the Allow button is active.

Solution 3:

Add F-Secure Team ID (6KALSAFZJC) to the list of approved kext developers by using "spctl kext-consent add 6KALSAFZJC" command in the Recovery mode.

Refer to the following page for more detail information: 

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/technotes/tn2459/_index.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/DTS40017658-CH1-TNTAG4

• IngyHere
    IngyHere W/ Alumni Posts: 3 Security Scout

It doesn't work on Mojave, either. I never even got the extension blocked message. No way to enable it.

• JamesC
    JamesC W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 498 Moderator

Hi @IngyHere are you referring to the product PSB Computer Protection for Mac ? Because I noticed you have also posted on the SAFE discussion too.

• IngyHere
    IngyHere W/ Alumni Posts: 3 Security Scout

No, this is about SAFE, but the proposed solution is the same. I assumed the underlying products are very similar.

• DanRom
    DanRom W/ Alumni Posts: 4 Security Scout

Good afternoon,

It doesn't work with any solution

This discussion has been closed.