macOS 11.3 battery preferences inaccessible

eetu_n
eetu_n W/ Alumni Posts: 1 Security Scout

Hi,

F-Secure Computer Protection 17.10 interferes with something in the battery settings on macOS 11.3, causing all the options to be greyed out. Apple support suggests uninstalling F-Secure. Is there a plan to fix this on your end?

Best Answer

• MonikaL
    MonikaL W/ Alumni Posts: 206 W/ Former Staff
    Answer ✓

Hi,

For this issue, fix may only be implemented on the upcoming SAFE release which is currently scheduled to be autumn 2021 (September-October).

Current workaround:

1. Open System Preference
    2. Open Sharing
    3. In the Sharing windows, you should be able to see the padlock icon. Click on the lock to unlock (You will be prompt for admin password)
    4. Now it is now unlocked, go back to system preference by clicking the back arrow or the 12dot icon at the left of the "Sharing" title
    5. Go to Battery. You should be able to make changes now.

Answers

• MonikaL

Hi,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am checking on this internally, and will let you know as soon as I have an update.

• MonikaL
    edited May 2021

Hi,

We would require the diagnostic information from the affected machine to check the scenario. Please provide this information to support, and we will investigate further.

Please open a support case here:

Could you please also share a link to the post on the apple forums where you asked about this issue?

Best regards,

Monika

• fsecFanClub
    fsecFanClub W/ Alumni Posts: 2 Security Scout

I have this issue as well, on a (consumer version) F-Secure SAFE running on intel Macbook (with macOs 11.6 Big Sur)

• fsecFanClub
    fsecFanClub W/ Alumni Posts: 2 Security Scout

YES! That does provide a workaround for the issue on my MacBook. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.