Elements EPP - Lock profile settings

balombi
balombi W/ Alumni Posts: 9 Security Scout

Hello,

are there any known problems when creating and publishing profiles in Elements EPP ?

Every time I lock all settings (with the lock on the right, so that they can not be changed by the user) the profile is not saved. If I then set all locks to open or lock only individual settings, the profile is saved. The TX-ID is every time i try to save a different... Attached an example...

I'd like to lock all settings...

Can somebody help?

balombi

Best Answers

• MikaArasola
    MikaArasola W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Product Leadership Posts: 68 W/ Staff
    Answer ✓

I had a look at the logs for the transaction ID you have in the screenshot and it might be some technical issue on our side. I'm making a ticket for developers to investigate it.

• MikaArasola
    MikaArasola W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Product Leadership Posts: 68 W/ Staff
    Answer ✓

Hi Balombi, developers said that we released an update today that would be expected to fix this issue, can you test again and confirm?

Answers

• MonikaL
    MonikaL W/ Alumni Posts: 206 W/ Former Staff

Hi Balombi,

This issue can be caused by the following:

• Modifications are being made to the default F-Secure profiles. These are set to read-only and can not be modified by anyone.
    • Companies can not modify profiles that are owned by a Solution Providers (SOP) or Service Provider (SEP). You can verify that you are the owner of the profile from the list of profiles in the Elements Endpoint Protection portal.
    • The logged in admin account is restricted to read-only.

If you are an administrator user on the company level, to create a profile, which you yourself can edit, you can clone an existing profile:

1. Log in to the Elements Endpoint Protection Portal
    2. Go to the Profiles page
    3. Click the Three dots on the right side of a profile 
    4. Select Clone profile
    5. Give the profile a name 
    6. Edit the settings
    7. Click Save and publish 

Please take note that fullwidth space doesn't work in profile name. If that is the scenario, please try to replace the fullwidth space with halfwidth space and check again.

• balombi
    balombi W/ Alumni Posts: 9 Security Scout

Hi,

yes, now it looks good and it works.

Thanks for the help !

This discussion has been closed.