Installation using GPO fails

ADITU
ADITU W/ Alumni Posts: 2 Security Scout

Hello everybody, I am new to F-secure Elements. I try to install it using a GPO with MSI packages. I have read and follow steps of f-secure admin guide. But when at the end of the creation of my GPO, i go to the "modifications/changes" tab and point to my mst file, i have an error message saying "eventid 101: Installation of software has encounter the following error: Error applying changes/transformations. Verify that path to transformation are valid" (this is a traduction from french to english, sorry)

I don't understand why ... I have tried installation using GPO in another domain (another customer) and same issue ... Can you help me please ? Best regards.

Answers

• JamesC
    JamesC W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 498 Moderator

Hi

Did you follow this guide ?

This article here should be of your favour and answer these questions. If this doesn't help, kindly provide us with the command you are using.

• ADITU
    ADITU W/ Alumni Posts: 2 Security Scout

Hi Jamesch,

Thanks for reply. Yes, i have exactly follow this guide. It is at step 10 / 11 that it fails with message "Installation of software has encounter the following error: Error applying changes/transformations. Verify that path to transformation are valid"" The share is valid, the share is available for everyone so i don't understand where is the problem. All my domain controller has .Net Framework 4.8 so that's enough i think ? (Or do they have to possess .net framework 4.7.2) Thanks for help

• JamesC
    JamesC W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 498 Moderator

Hi

Can you share your full command line ?

Are you using something like msiexec /i "Computer Protection.msi" /qn /t "license.mst" ?

If yes, using /qn parameter may require you to run it with Admin privileges.

This discussion has been closed.