Malware Security protection is not up to date

APX_ST
APX_ST W/ Alumni Posts: 2 Security Scout
edited March 2023 in WithSecure Business Suite

Hi, after installing the policy manager 15.30 on a windows server 2019 and installing the correct server msi agent on another server, this server tells me that the virus protection is ok, but the malware protection is out of date. The agent has connection to the F-secure server as well as to the F-Secure cloud.

As well the sensor is not working at the client server.

I wonder why and how to correct those issues.

As long as my test srv is not running f-secure as supposed, I will not role the agent out on all our servers.

CU, Arne

Answers

• JamesC
    JamesC W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 498 Moderator

Hi Arne,

It could be PM is unable to download the updates, or maybe the host can't connect to PM, or even something else

Test the connectivity from the host to Policy Manager Server by using the HTTP and HTTPS protocol:

1. Open any web browser on the host that has F-Secure Client Security installed.
    2. Enter the IP address of the Policy Manager and press Enter.
    3. Repeat the test, only this time by using the HTTPS protocol (for example https://192.168.0.10:443/).

If the HTTP (automatic updates) and HTTPS (management agent) connections are working, a webpage from the Policy Manager Server should be displayed. 

If the connection fails, troubleshoot the network connectivity between the host and Policy Manager at your end. Verify whether the host and the server can reach each other (for example through corporate firewall, switches or a proxy).

• APX_ST
    APX_ST W/ Alumni Posts: 2 Security Scout

Hi Jamesch,

I checked the connectivity. All is green, so the agent can download any virus & malware updates, but it does it only with the virus update. The policy updates are going thru as well. It even can reach the f-sec cloud.

Cu, Arne

• JamesC
    JamesC W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 498 Moderator

Hi Arne,

I suggest to collect FSDiag from PM and affected host, then create a support request here - https://www.f-secure.com/en/business/support-and-downloads/support-request

This discussion has been closed.