Problematically high memory consumption during weekly check-up of F-secure Client

_Thomas_
_Thomas_ W/ Alumni Posts: 3 Security Scout

Hello,

For a few months, we have had the F-secure Client Security Premium antivirus installed on our computers at work, but I have a problem that my co-workers don't have and that the IT guys don't seem to understand as well:

Every Monday at 13h30 there is the automatic weekly checkup and for 5 to 40 minutes each week, my laptop will slow down, and sometimes almost freeze because of it, because when I look up the Task Manager, the F-Secure Pisces Hoster x64 will have some peaks of memory usage up to 8 Go of RAM (I have 16Go RAM), and can increase Disk usage to 100%. (And the F-Secure plugin hosting service uses something like 500 Mo of RAM all the time)

IT guys tried to uninstall/reinstall it on my computer and even change the hour for the checkup, but it didn't miss, 13h45 and it's back at it

Do you have any solutions or explanations on what causes this problem?

Tagged:

Answers

• JamesC
    JamesC W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 498 Moderator

Hi,

Can you advise if the issue is still occurring ?

Your scheduled scan was on Monday, so you may have had non-fixed Hydra update at that time.

Since then, we have released a new fix. So please check that you have the latest Hydra update.

• _Thomas_

Ok, thanks

I've had the Hydra update this morning, and as I don't see any other "hydra" updates in the previous f-secure updates from the last 3 months in the history, I hope this is the solution.

I'll let you know next Monday!

• _Thomas_

Hi @Jamesch ,

It's Monday, everything is up-to-date, but it didn't change anything.

At 2 PM I started to get slowdowns: first due to a high disk usage by F-secure, then by its high memory usage, as usual 😅

Any idea why this is still occurring?

Thanks

• JamesC
    JamesC W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 498 Moderator

Hi can you please check these:

When you enable Security Cloud, you also need to whitelist the following domains on your Firewall, as the endpoints need to communicate to Security Cloud.

• *.f-secure.com
    • *.fsapi.com

In order to troubleshoot what part of the product is causing the slow down, try turning components off one by one:

1. DeepGuard
    2. Real-time Scanning
    3. Security Cloud
    4. Firewall
    5. Browsing Protection
    6. Web Content Control
    7. Web Traffic Scanning
    8. Application Control
    9. DataGuard
    10. Device Control
    11. Software Updater

This discussion has been closed.