Intune deploy failed

SiegfriedM
SiegfriedM W/ Member Posts: 3 Security Scout

Hello,

I deploy WithSecure Elements EPP for Computers with intune since 2 years.

With latest versions i always have an error when deploying:

"Erreur irrécupérable pendant l'installation","0x80070643"

I followed this guide:

https://help.f-secure.com/product.html#business/psb-portal/latest/en/task_60A84156FE1042E185E47DB64493A47F-psb-portal-latest-en

Do you know why?

thanks a lot.

Tagged:

Answers

• Sethu Laks
    Sethu Laks W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 205 Moderator
    edited March 2023

Hi @SiegfriedM

In general, and based on the error that we always advise you to ensure that you are using the latest .MSI installer for Elements Agent. You can download the latest version from the Elements Endpoint Protection portal's Downloads page or refer to this help page.

If you are using an older .MSI installer, you can try to set the ignore app version setting to Yes in your Intune configuration to see if that helps.

If you have already performed the above steps but the issue still remain, we need you to https://www.withsecure.com/en/support/contact-support/email-support for further investigation. This allows our dedicated Technical Support team to analyze the logs and pinpoint the root cause.

• SiegfriedM

Hello,

I use the lastest version. I'll open a ticket.

Thanks for your help.

• YVES
    YVES W/ Member Posts: 1 Security Scout

Hello,
    I have the same problem. Unrecoverable error during installation (0x80070643)
    I download the last MSI package
    and the installation under intune fails. Do you have a solution?

• SiegfriedM

Hello,

No, i dont, sorry.

I install it manualy.

• Sethu Laks

Hi @YVES

Just to make sure, have you tried running the local install? Without utilizing InTune, simply download the most recent installer file from Elements Portal and execute it locally. This is done to determine whether the problem is caused by the machine or the intune configuration. If the local install also fails, it suggests a problem with the machine.

Also how many devices are being impacted so far? Any successful installations? 
    Be sure to check the requirements are fulfilled as per https://help.f-secure.com/product.html#business/releasenotes-business/latest/en/fseep_cp_win-latest-en

• LuMeX
    LuMeX W/ Member Posts: 2 Security Scout

Hello,

since the new Installer (23.2.1150.0) i have the same Problem… "Fatal error during installation (0x80070643)" please fix this! i revert to an older version so we can use Autopilot.

Thank you

• Sethu Laks
    edited April 2023

Hi @LuMeX

The fix is in version 23.3 which should be able to access via Early access feature for now. Let me check with R&D to get the latest version of MSI version and update here.

• Sethu Laks

Hi @LuMeX

You can get download the WithSecure™ Elements Agent 23.3.570.0 and check again to see if the error still reproducing.

https://download.sp.withsecure.com/PSB/release233/ElementsAgentOfflineInstaller.msi

• LuMeX
    LuMeX W/ Member Posts: 2 Security Scout

Hello,

i now tried WithSecure™ Elements Agent 23.3.570.0 but now i got a other issue

Event Log: Product: WithSecure™ Elements Agent -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action Ultralight_Install, location: C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure\PSB\UltralightInstaller\ul_570.exe, command: --idle-mode=true --aua-mode=true --install-directory="C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure\PSB\Ultralight\" --product-directory="C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure\PSB\"

So still installation is broken

This discussion has been closed.