Software updater - version of software is not recognized

BobJones
BobJones W/ Member Posts: 3 Security Scout

Hello,

I've tried to update putty to version 0.78 using software updater. Unfortunately update was always failing. I did the update manualy more than a week ago.

The issue is, that the entry still exists in software updater for this device, but it should not be there anymore since putty was updated.

Do you know how can I remove this entry?

Comments

• Sethu Laks
    Sethu Laks W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 216 Moderator

Hi @BobJones

May I know the version of Elements Agent running on your machine?

Could you also please try uninstalling, reboot and re-install the latest version of Elements Agent and check scan for software update from the EPP Portal again?

• BobJones

Hi @Sethu Laks

Version 23.3

Reason of failed insallation below:

I will try to reinstall Elements Agent.

Thanks

• JamesC
    JamesC W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 508 Moderator

Hi @BobJones - apologies to hear that you are going through issues with updating Putty. I had to check with our product developer and below is the official statement from our Software Updater vendor:

Since version 0.78, the older Putty version needs to be uninstalled first. This is according release note: PuTTY Change Log (https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/changes.html)

"Note: installing the 0.78 or later Windows installer will not automatically uninstall 0.77 or earlier, due to a change we've made to work around a bug. We recommend uninstalling the old version first, if possible. If both end up installed, uninstalling both and then re-installing the new version will fix things up."

Therefore, in order to implement the new flow for the Putty, please uninstall the current version and then retry installing v0.78 again, via our patch data.

• BobJones

Hello @JamesC

I found and removed old version 0.70

Missing software update entry disappeared

Thank you for your help!

This discussion has been closed.