F-Secure Client Security and Server Security Premium also premium for maintaining itself?

etomcat
etomcat W/ Alumni Posts: 1,172 Firewall Master

Dear Sirs,

I wish to receive clarification if F-Secure Business Suite Premium Edition can maintain itself with software updates (patches)? I mean the Premium Editions of FSAV CS and FSAV (E)SS endpoint protections incorporate the Software Updater (SWUP) modul.

The SWUP performs an audit to find software holes, indexes the exploit-patch availability and even installs hotfixes. It supports Microsoft and 3rd party software vendor products. But I wonder if F-Secure products themselves are included in the scope?

For example, currently there is a sad situation with the FSAV (E-mail) Server Security product, whose version 11.01 is old and requires several bug-related and security-fix related post-install patches. Traditionally, these have hotfixes must be run locally to install or can be distributed via the PMC console by manual action of the security sysadmin. Is it possible to avoid such inconvenience using F-Secure Premium SWUP?

Thanks in advance, Yours Sincerely: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

Comments

• Ben
    Ben W/ Alumni Posts: 664 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello Tamas,

Software updater is currently only meant to update 3rd party software.

You can see the list of the software included on this page.

• etomcat
    etomcat W/ Alumni Posts: 1,172 Firewall Master

Dear Ben,

Thanks for the response!

> Software updater is currently only meant to update 3rd party software.

I would like to see this situation change, since F-Secure's ability to patch everything except itself is not just a technical issue, but also a PR-image problem. Critics can quote the proverb: Physician, heal thyself!

Thanks for your kind attention, Sincerely: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

This discussion has been closed.