F-secure Policy Manager 12 on Centos 7 Linux, Problem with updates.

lux2010
lux2010 W/ Alumni Posts: 9 Security Scout

I am currently testing F-secure Policy Manager 12 on CentOs 7. I have the exact same Problem which is described here https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Business/Resolved-Linux-fspms-virus/m-p/50069
The only difference is, that I am using CenOs 7 instead of debian.
Unfortunately this thread is locked.
This Article (https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Business/Resetting-AUA-and-AUS-database/ta-p/20418) helped me to solve the problem for one day.

It is amazing. The F-secure clients tell me, they are up to date and my computer is protected, but If I look any further, the Virusdifinition, Spyware-definition and Deep Guard are Old!!!!!!!!

Are there any news to the Problem?
Which Linux Version works with F-secure Policy Manager 12?

Comments

• M_M
    M_M W/ Alumni Posts: 25 Security Scout

Reason for this problem is in wrong SELinus security context for file /etc/crontab.

Server can not run scheduled fsavupd.

Now file /etc/crontab SELinux security cobtext are:

-rw-r--r--. root root unconfined_uSmiley Surprisedbject_r:etc_t:s0   /etc/crontab

Must be:

-rw-r--r--. root root unconfined_uSmiley Surprisedbject_r:system_cron_spool_t:s0 /etc/crontab

You can change this by command:

chcon unconfined_uSmiley Surprisedbject_r:system_cron_spool_t:s0 /etc/crontab

Restart crond service:

service crond restart

Good luck !

• M_M
    M_M W/ Alumni Posts: 25 Security Scout

I coudn't remove emoticons

Smiley Surprised = : o (without space)

• lux2010

Thx M_m for the reply, but those smileys kill me. Could you please send my a PN with the command?
    Even by doing what you recommended in post 2, I get an error message and I am sure my commend is still wrong.

• lux2010

Thx MM, I typed the command, restarted the crond job and restartet the Policy-manager-server and the clients, I redistributed policys but for the moment, it still does not work. Maybe the clients will download the updates later, who knows. I guess I need to open a Ticket.

• lux2010

It seems to work, thx M_M

This discussion has been closed.