F-secure agent for Mac OS

niepce
niepce W/ Alumni Posts: 20 Security Scout

Hi!

Im looking for a business F-secure product for protecting Mac OS computers.

If possible manageable thru FSPM.

I didn't find any product for Mac in the business line, only for the personnal line of products. Any product of choice to recommend ?

regds

Comments

• niepce

Sorry gents, should have searched first, I guess my answer is here : https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Business/Mac-support-for-Business-suite/td-p/77318

Mandatory migration to cloud based FSB ?

• niepce

Guys I have a dozen of mac computers to protect (versus thousand of windows workstations already protected by Fsecure workstations and migrating to Fsecure Client security).

What would you recomment, migrate from FSPM to PSB just to enable MacOS centrally managed protection ?

Or deploy F-Secure Internet Security, personal based product, just for the dozen of MacOS and loose the centralized management for them ?

• Dmitriy
    Dmitriy W/ Alumni Posts: 179 Threat Terminator

PSB Workstation Security for Mac may be still a better option for you than F-Secure Internet Security for Mac as you will have more subscriptions to choose. Otherwise, PSB Mac client has the same features as the consumer product.

As for switching from PM to PSB, I'd recommend you to give a try with PSB first and get familiar with the management portal and its features. if PSB fullfils your needs in terms of functionality, security and managebility, then go and migrate your current Client Security to PSB Workstation Security. 

Hope this helps.

• niepce
    Do you know perhaps dmitriy, is there any possibility to upload my existing fspm config database right into psb? Or must I reconfigure everything from scratch ?

Does fsecure provide a migration hint or tuto from fspm to psb? Or does one have to reinvent the steel ? Smiley Embarassed

Is psb avail as a trial or demo ?
  • Dmitriy
    Dmitriy W/ Alumni Posts: 179 Threat Terminator

Do you know perhapsdmitriy, is there any possibility to upload my existingfspmconfig database right intopsb? Or must I reconfigure everything from scratch ?

As far as I know, currently there is no way to import policies to PSB from the existing PM. So, you will need to define them from scratch.

Does fsecure provide a migration hint or tuto from fspm to psb? Or does one have to reinvent the steel ? Smiley Embarassed

I don't know if there is any tutorial available, but you can always rely on community and F-Secure product experts. :) At least I know, that it should be possible to migrate end points by pushing PSB Workstation Security package from PM. I will check and let you know if I find any good materials for PM to PSB migration.

Ispsb avail as a trial or demo ?

You can apply for a trial on this page: https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/business_global/products/protection-service-for-business#trial-protection-service-for-business

• niepce
    Excellent thanks m8
  • etomcat
    etomcat W/ Alumni Posts: 1,172 Firewall Master

Hello,

I haven't yet heard of any customers who were burned in public for having an on-site Policy Manager with Windows endpoints and a smaller PSB cloud account for managing OSX and Android endpoints, in parallel.

I would be hesitant to migrate thousands of client to PSB (cloud) just because of a few dozen bad apples. Those could live apart in their little PSB account.

Best Regards: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

• andrzej
    andrzej W/ Alumni Posts: 48 Junior Protector

Link posted above is not valid any longer, while another link refering this product https://www.f-secure.com/en_GB/web/business_gb/downloads/protection-service-for-business/latest does not contain any documentation.

• Ben
    Ben W/ Alumni Posts: 664 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello andrzej,

The link provided by Dmitriy had simply a dot at the end and therefore resulted to a 404.

I  corrected it in the above post, but Here is the link again:

https://download.f-secure.com/corpro/psb/current/fspsb-adminguide-eng.pdf

You can refer to page 51, "9.1 Upgrading from Policy Manager" in order to move from Policy Manager to PSB based installations.

This discussion has been closed.