Hello Guys

Is this anything wrong in this image?

F-Secure connect to mail server.jpg

Thanks

Comments

• Ben
    Ben W/ Alumni Posts: 664 Cybercrime Crusader

Hi,

Could you try to use SMTP+TLS or SMTP+SSL has protocol as they should be required for smtp.gmail.com?

See this article.

• MohammadReza
    MohammadReza W/ Alumni Posts: 31 Security Scout

Hi Ben

No, It didn't work with SMTP+TLS or SMTP+SSL.

How can I see server logs related to this case?

Regards 

• Ben
    Ben W/ Alumni Posts: 664 Cybercrime Crusader

Hi,

You can find the related file fspms-scheduled-reporting.log under F-secure\Management Server 5\logs.

• etomcat
    etomcat W/ Alumni Posts: 1,172 Firewall Master

Hello,

I think Google Inc. wishes that people use "smtp-relay.gmail.com" for sending messages to anyone inside or outside of the domain.

Best Regards: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

• MohammadReza
    MohammadReza W/ Alumni Posts: 31 Security Scout

I Think it try to connect to gmail with port 25 but in that link you sent for TSL and SSL need to port 465 and 587. Can I change this port?

28.01.2016 23:51:45,509 WARN [com.fsecure.fspms.service.mail.MailConfigurationServiceImpl] - Failed to send test e-mail message 
    org.springframework.mail.MailSendException: Mail server connection failed; nested exception is javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: gmail.com, port: 25;
    nested exception is:
    java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out. Failed messages: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: gmail.com, port: 25;
    nested exception is:
    java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out; message exception details (1) are:
    Failed message 1:
  • gerema
    gerema W/ Alumni Posts: 18 Junior Protector

Hello Mohammad,

Policy Manager as a product is designed for the corporate networks with the assumption that System Administrator will use some corporate internal mail server for this purpose. So operations with the third party mail servers are not considered as the main use case. However if you trust for example gmail you should tune your gmail account correspondingly, allowing connection between PM and gmail as described here.     

This discussion has been closed.