Pushing installation prolem

Piciak
Piciak W/ Alumni Posts: 2 Security Scout

Hi

I have a problem with pushing instalation in my PM. When i push instal in to hosts (with windows 7) there is no problem, but when i push instal into hosts with windows 8 pro or windows 10 there is problem:
"The Launcher service has reported an error. PM server communication problem 503."

I have open ports 80, 8080, 8081.

I use PM 11 and FSC 12

Please help

Comments

• Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello Piciak,

In Client Security 12 release notes we have a known issue:

Remote installation to Windows 8

To remotely install the product to a Windows 8 host from Policy Manager Console, set the following registry key on the host to enable access to the 'admin$' share:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]"LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy"=dword:00000001

Please, check, if this registry tuning will help you to get the product installed successfully.

Best regards,

Vad

• Piciak
    Piciak W/ Alumni Posts: 2 Security Scout

I add these key "LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy"=dword:00000001"
    in host regestry

But it not help.

I test push older installation packages but there is the same issue....
    But when i test on windows 7 hosts there is no problem to instal.

• Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Please, contact support. We'll need more information to find the root of this issue.

Best regards,

Vad

• etomcat
    etomcat W/ Alumni Posts: 1,172 Firewall Master

Hello,

Everybody, please forget about "push installation" as it is a legacy method left over from the "Windows 2000" era. Essentially, it requires the sysadmin to castrate the built-in security feazures of modern Windows operating systems, in order to remote install the anti-virus suite. That is a very silly contradiction and I consider it unacceptably risky.

The modern alternative is to import the endpoint protection .JAR package into F-Secure Policy Manager Console 12 and then use the available option to re-export it as a pre-configured .MSI file.

The .MSI package is an executable file, which you can distribute onto the endpoint computers within an Active Directory Group Policy (GPO) command. It works beautifully.

Best Regards: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

This discussion has been closed.