Clients are not updating from F-Secure linux server

asanka
asanka W/ Alumni Posts: 49 Security Scout

Dear all,

I have installed F-secure policy manager on a ubuntu server and server is working fine.Server has the latest updates but clients are not getting updated from the server.Please see the screenshot attached.Firewall is off ,reset the database from the server side and the client side,reinstall the client without any luck.Any Suggestions?

Thank youCapture.PNG

Comments

• etomcat
    etomcat W/ Alumni Posts: 1,172 Firewall Master

Hello,

You failed to tell us about the exact product versions in use (Linux, Windows, F-Secure Policy Manager and F-Secure AV protection at the endpoint).

You also need to consider that FSPMS uses 3 major TCP ports:

Host port (default 80)

Console port (default 8080)

Web reporting port (default 8081)

The clients need to access "host port" for updates and centralized management. Sometimes, accidentally sysadmins specify the console or wr port instead.

Another possibility is that access works in the web browser on the client, as the browser uses implicit (AD or firewall derived?) proxy authentication. Meanwhile, F-Secure Automatic Update Agent would need explicit proxy declaration in the "Connection" section, but that is not provided or only partially.

Best Regards: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

• asanka

Thanks for your reply

host port is 807

admin port 808

web port 8081

policy manager server version is 11

client security 12

OS is ubuntu

as i mentioned earlier everything is working fine except updates.screen shot was taken from a client machine and it says policy manager is working fine including ports.only problem i have is clients are not updating from the server.no proxy server.

• etomcat
    etomcat W/ Alumni Posts: 1,172 Firewall Master

Hello,

> policy manager server version is 11

> client security 12

That combination is not possible, because FSAV CS 12 needs FSPM 12. Please upgrade Policy Manager from v11 to 12.00 and then re-install the endpoints, if normal operation doesn't commence.

Best Regards: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

• asanka
    Thanks

I have some xp machines.can I use F-Secure policy manager for Linux 12 with client security 11.61.servers and xp machines also not updating from the server.

Server 11.1
    Client 11.61

Thanks
  • Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello asanka,

> can I use F-Secure policy manager for Linux 12 with client security 11.61?

Yes, you can.

Best regards,

Vad

• clyss
    clyss W/ Alumni Posts: 1 Security Scout

Hello,

Have you been able to do it work?

I've the same pb, connection fail (under ubuntu, PM v12,  CS v12 Windows 7 and CS v11 under XP, http connection OK)

This discussion has been closed.