Cannot activate.

Lufihengr
Lufihengr W/ Alumni Posts: 7 Security Scout
Ok, so I have a Server PSB license that I am trying to activate, but it says no network connection? The machine is connected to internet and I can ping for example 46.228.128.1 etc.

Also in the web interface if I go Home->Summary->Automatic updates Configure...-> Access Denied. What could be causing this? I just re-installed the program, and it says there are unsaved changes and to press apply, but I dont know where.

Thanks

Comments

• Ben
    Ben W/ Alumni Posts: 664 Cybercrime Crusader

HEllo Lufihengr,

Could you make sure that all these addresses are reachable from the installed server.

Also could you provide screenshots of all the errors observed? 

• Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello Lufihengr,

1. I'm not sure that this is a network issue. Currently your product is registered with some subscription, which expires in 47 days. You can see the current subscription on "General" tab in WebUI. If you are trying to register with other subscription key, please make sure that it's valid.

2. Try <CTRL> + <F5>. Also, you may find "Apply" button on other tabs. Usually this message is shown when you change some policy in WebUI, and forget to apply the change. "Apply" button is present on all pages, which provide a possibility to change policies. Also, this screenshot is showing that F-Secure Automatic Update Agent (FSAUA) service is stopped on your server for some reason. You need to start is either from WebUI Home > Services tab, or from Windows Services.

3. The reason is that FSAUA service is stopped.

Best regards,

Vad

• Lufihengr

Ok, so a couple of new issues have risen.

1. I cannot access the WebUI anymore for some reason. I tried restarting the WebUI service but it did not help.

2. I went to put the key in from the Add new subscription app, and it says that I have that subscription key in use, although in the PSB it says usage is 0/1.

Edit: Also in PSB it says it is awaiting connection from the computer. I guess that is because I sent the code to me by email using the built in feature for that.

Thanks

• Vad

Hello Lufihengr,

1. Not enough information for proper assistance. You can try to install the WebUI hotfix:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/business_global/downloads/email-and-server-security/latest

If it will not help, please, contact support.

2. Did you manage to get fsaua service started? if not, this could be the reason. Please, contact support.

Best regards,

Vad

• Lufihengr

Seems like the FSAUA will not start. It will do the progress bar in windows Services, but it does not start.

And after a few tries it says that it could not be started since it terminated unexpectedly. Error 1067

Thanks

• etomcat
    etomcat W/ Alumni Posts: 1,172 Firewall Master

Hello,

> Access denied:

Have you applied the hotfix to upgrade the self-signed digital signature for the F-Secure antivirus web-browser user interface? That is required, because Microsoft phased out acceptance of the 512/1024 bit certs in some Windows Update late last year but the F-Secure install package is over 2 years old.

However, hotfix patching should be automatic in F-Secure PSB as far as I know?

Best Regards: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

• Vad

Yes, WebUI hotfix is delivered automatically to PSB ESS version 11.00.

It's not yet available automatically for version 11.01. Will be published soon for this version as well.

Best regards,

Vad

• Lufihengr

I have not applied a hotfix manually, I downloaded the latest version so maybe I do need to do it.

Thanks

• Lufihengr

Ok so I applied the hotfix and I can get to the WebUI again.

And in the PSB control panel it says that the code is in use for the server, but it is awaiting connection from the server. And also locally on the server it still says that I need to enter a code, since this "trial" is going to end in 39 days.

Again, the only thing I did was re-install F-Secure. I did not change any firewall settings or anything. It used to work, but now it does not.

• Vad

> And in the PSB control panel it says that the code is in use for the server, but it is awaiting connection from the server.

FSAUA service issue should be fixed in order to restore communication between portal and client.

Please, contact support. We need more details to find out why it can't be started on your server.

Also, can you check on the portal side the expiration date for your subscription? Maybe it really has only 39 days before expiration?

Best regards,

Vad

• Lufihengr

The expiration date in the PSB is: 2018-04-07 

Not quite 39 days away.

I will contact support.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.