Anyway to send messages to devices / locate them with ip adress.

Wesker
Wesker W/ Alumni Posts: 3 Security Scout

Hey

Our company has hundreds of devices in the protection services for business admin panel. The problem is there are some doubles (computers with the same name, which  propably comes from human error factor when the computer was named), this should not be the case. Trouble is these devices are located all over the country. 

So what I'm asking is, is there any way to locate the device(s) or send messages to them from the admin panel? Only thing I could find is under devices, the selected computer, under the OS info theres an ip adress, is this the last adress the computer connected from?  For example the computer I'm having trouble at the moment is showing ip of 127.0.0.1 which doesnt help at all in this case.

Comments

• etomcat
    etomcat W/ Alumni Posts: 1,172 Firewall Master

Hello,

I think if you have computers appear with 127.0.0.1 in the PSB webportal, then you should contact F-Secure tech support, because there was such a software bug, so maybe they will need to fix your computer fleet centrally.

Best Regards: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

• Wesker

Well, 127.0.0.1 was just an example. The double computers also report many other adresses, what I wanted to know besides my original question is that how reliable that reported ip is (not quite reliable it seems, with localhost adresses etc) ?

• Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello Wesker,

Please, note, that in PSB WKS 12.00 and newer there is an improvement related to reporting hosts ip addresses to a portal.

If you have 12.0x version, try to compare the results of ipconfig command for one of machines with the values reported to the portal. If there is no correlation, please, contact support.

We will need more details to investigate your issue.

Best regards,

Vad

• Wesker

Yeah ok, thats good to know. But it still doesnt relate to my original question, is there any way to locate / send messages from admin panel to the machines in the real world =). If the ip reports correctly I will know where the machine is. So if theres a bug in the old 10.XX workstation client for not reporting the ip correctly, seems I'm out of luck locating the machines before 12.0X gets pushed as update to everyone.

Also, are there any bugs that would cause computers to show as double in the admin panel?

• Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

> is there any way to locate / send messages from admin panel to the machines in the real world

There is no such feature in the current portal versions.

> Also, are there any bugs that would cause computers to show as double in the admin panel?

Yes, there was such a bug ~ 1 - 1.5 years ago. Your duplications could be caused by it, if you didn't check/fix them since that time.

Best regards,

Vad

This discussion has been closed.