PSB Deployment with RMM Tools

barkerkr
barkerkr W/ Alumni Posts: 11 Security Scout

Does anyone know the proper arguments/switches to use to run the PSB Installer silently on a machine for unattended deployment? We deploy our current AV Solution through our RMM Software (LabTech) but have not been able to get the right arguments for it to run. 

At Present I have just a /silent switch using the file emailed out from PSB (SHould have Key embeded) and LabTech returns that the command was sucessfully ran but nothing happens on the user workstation other than the cursor spinning for a few seconds.

Thanks!

Kyle

Comments

• Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello Kyle,

Please, check this thread:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Business/How-to-do-a-Silent-install-for/m-p/83199#M5475

Best regards,

Vad

• barkerkr

Hi Vad,

I see the syntax at the bottom, but some of it is obfuscated by the forum software (it put a emoticon in palce). Can you repeat he syntax here so that it is not obfuscated?

Thanks,

Kyle

• barkerkr

Thanks Vad,

That did the trick and it deployed without issue.

Kyle

• cyn3rgy
    cyn3rgy W/ Alumni Posts: 4 Security Scout

Hi Barkerkr

I've got some Labtech scripts and searches setup that is deploying FSecure for our agents. I found the trickiest part was scripting the removal of existing a/v. Also had to setup custom virus config to detect FSecure version (allows me to check for clients that are running old versions). If you need any help I'm happy to share. I'm currently trying to figure out how to get alerts back to LT, looks like the FSecure client has some snmp capabilities?

Andrew@skeda

• barkerkr

Hi cyn3rgy,

Anything you can provide would be a great help. We completed our test and will be starting the full roll out in the next few weeks. Most of our clients are running Avast, so I am hoping to use thir uninstall utility aswclear to do the removal

Kyle

• cyn3rgy

Hi Kyle, probably a bit off topic for an fsecure forum, send me an email to xxxxx at xxxxx dot com  or look me up on xxxx.com (same username) and I will send you some details of our setup.

cheers

Andrew

EDIT: Removed Personal Identification Information

• Laksh
    Laksh W/ Alumni Posts: 237 Cybercrime Crusader

Hi @cyn3rgy,

I have edited your post to remove any personal identification information. Please send a private message to Kyle about your contact details if you would like to help further.

Thanks for your understanding.

• cyn3rgy

Thanks Laksh, I couldn't find any way to send a private message so assumed the forum didn't support it. I'm not a frequent user to the forum but still like to contribute where I can.

regards

Andrew

• barkerkr

Ah, unfortunately I was unable to see the detail before it was removed. I will send you a PM

• cyn3rgy

I sent you a PM :) For some reason I couldn't see the option the other day.

• Laksh
    Laksh W/ Alumni Posts: 237 Cybercrime Crusader

Glad to know you were able to find the option for PM, Andrew! You are always welcome to contribute to our Community! Thanks for engaging with us.Smiley Happy

This discussion has been closed.