FSAV PSB on Mac Boot Camp vs. Paralles

Toweri
Toweri W/ Alumni Posts: 6 Security Scout

I run Windows 10 on my MacBook Pro in two ways:

1. Via Boot Camp, i.e. directly booted into Windows
2. Via Parallels Desktop, launching the same Windows 10 Boot Camp installation running concurrently with Mac OS.

Currently, this scenario takes out two licenses from our pool - as the FSAV licensing sees these two scenarios as two different Windows computers.

Microsoft allows Windows 10 be run this way with one single license. Which is only natural, as it it not possible to run both Windows instances at the same time.

Is there any way to have FSAV treat the mutually exclusive instances similarly? I.e. not waste one license?

Logically, this would not be against the licensing, as only one instance can be running at any given time.

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh W/ Alumni Posts: 237 Cybercrime Crusader

Hi Toweri,

I  am checking on this with the team. Once I have an update, I will get back to you.

• Toweri
    This is great news! Thank you for a prompt solution.
  • Laksh

You're welcome! I have moved your duplicate post now.

• Toweri

Oh, forgot to ask: Any information when this next release will be released?
    Is there any possibility to receive a heads-up when the fix is released? Then I would know to release the extra licence for better use...
    I'd be happy to give you my email address (but not here, in public view) so you could alert me. To whom could I send my address? Or can you send the notification to the address on my profile here?

• Laksh

Hi Toweri,

The next client release is said to be available by end of H1. You can check this page for the latest version release of the products.

This discussion has been closed.