Policy Manager Server v12.31.7913 (x64 bits)

TiagoGuerra
TiagoGuerra W/ Alumni Posts: 2 Security Scout

I recently received through F-Secure's support the Policy Manager Server, running on 64 bit. Heart

All I had to do was install on the 32 bit platform, which is what we have available on the F-Secure website, and choose to keep the settings.

As far as I know, this version is not available for download, not even in the partner portal, because it will be a new release that will be released in June, along with the new version of the product.

I'm using this particular version on 4 clients, and here in my company, using Windows 2012 R2 x64.
Customer 1: 380 machines
Customer 2: 780 machines
Customer 3: 2500 machines
Customer 4: 5500 machines

The difference in performance is significant!
But the biggest difference I realized was actually the customer with 5500 stations (in "only one PMS").

There is no comparison, even using advanced args, in 32bits version VERSUS x64 version, without using advanced args.

I will try to send Link, but i don´t know if is possible, someone request for F-Secure Support Smiley Very Happy

Comments

• TiagoGuerra
    TiagoGuerra W/ Alumni Posts: 2 Security Scout

I receive this link, when i request from support:
    XXXXXXXXXX

However, as we all work safely, I recommend asking F-Secure Support, because nobody here knows if I'm a reliable guy.

You Like? Please Kudo!

EDIT: Removed link

• Ben
    Ben W/ Alumni Posts: 664 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello TiagoGuerra, 

Thank you for the feedback.

To avoid any confusion(and risk) I removed your link. I've taken the matter internally to see how(and if) we can make the 64bit version available for everybody already.

I'll keep you updated.

• etomcat
    etomcat W/ Alumni Posts: 1,172 Firewall Master

Hello,

> Customer 4: 5500 machines

Traditional wisdom suggests that F-Secure Policy Manager Server should be Linux-based when managing 5000 or more endpoints, becasue the Windows Server based PMS has low performance. PMS Linux should be good up to 15k endpoints and passable up to 50k with significant compromises (e.g. poll times up to 90 minutes).

> not available for download, not even in the partner portal

Since yesterday, F-Secure Partner Portal carries the FSPM 12.40 beta version for Win/Linux, which is a 64-bit only edition, according to the release notes. Of course, it is only for partners for testing as of now.

Best regards: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

This discussion has been closed.