"You cannot use the subscription key that you entered for this computer anymore", but the key is cor

dan7
dan7 W/ Alumni Posts: 3 Security Scout

Hello ladies and gentlemen, I have a problem. 

I am using the product F-Secure PSB Workstation Security.

I shall now describe the order of events that lead to this problem. (May differ for other people who are experiencing the same problem)

• Installed F-Secure with subscription key
  • Got warning about an insufficient amount of free licenses (This was true, at the time I had fully taken up all the free licenses associated with that key)
  • I made sure I had more licenses available for the key
  • Tried again to activate the product
  • Got error "You cannot use the subscription key that you entered for this computer anymore"

I tried re-installing F-Secure many times, but no luck, I always get the same error. 

It seems F-Secure is somehow configured to recognize this particular device with this partiuclar key as incompatible. There has to be a way out of this! 

fsecure-error-en.PNGThe way the error is displayed

The problem has to do something with the order of events mentioned above. Normally when I install F-Secure on a workspace machine, all works flawlessly. 

I have available licenses and my company is the legitimate owner of the key. How can I make F-Secure work again?

I would appreciate any help!

It is kind of urgent - I cannot give the computer to the employee, if the product is not activated!

Thank you in advance,

Daniel

Comments

• dan7
    Dear Vad,

thank you very much! This solved my problem.
    I hope it will help everyone experiencing this problem.

All the best,
    Daniel
  • dan7

Hello Vad, 

I have a question, do you know which parameters does F-Secure save internally in order to recognize that it was indeed the same computer? This is a question just out of curiosity that arose as I was trying to fix the problem.

Thank you again for your support,

Daniel

• Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello Daniel,

Parameters are exactly the ones which i mentioned before: computer ID and subscription. Nothing else, as far as i remember.

Best regards,

Vad

This discussion has been closed.