Virus definitions on the server

james26318
james26318 W/ Alumni Posts: 40 Security Scout

The application fsdbupdate9 is not working anymore, i also restart the f-secure automatic update agent and f-secure policy manager update server - it say's "This file does not have a valid digital signature that verifies its publisher. You should only run software from publisher you trust."

Kindly help me for this update error. Thank you.,

Comments

• Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello james26318,

The file fsdbupdate9.exe didn't ever have digital signature, as far as i remember.

The workaround is to disable "This file does not have a valid signature" prompt on your server.

This could be done differently depending the server OS. Google can help you to find how to do it for your OS.

Best regards,

Vad

• james26318

Meaning I will update this every week? It's working but I will always update on this every notification needs to update. 

• Vad

Probably, i misunderstand, what is your main problem? Your Policy Manager can't communicate with F-Secure backweb server, and get updates automatically, is that the main problem?

What OS and PM version do you have?

Best regards,

Vad

• james26318

Windows Server 2012 R2

• Vad

So, your Policy Manager can't communicate with F-Secure backweb server, and get updates automatically, right? Can you ping fsbwserver.f-secure.com?

If ping works, please, contact support. We will need support tool diagnostics information for further investigation.

Best regards,

Vad

• james26318

NO REPLY:  Ping request could not find host fsbwserver.f-secure.com. Please check the name and try again.

• Vad

Ok, so you need to reconfigure your network/firewall so, that fsbwserver.f-secure.com can be accessed, in order to automatically update Policy Manager virus definitions.

This discussion has been closed.