chrome extensions crash

13»

Comments

• Have you got some news for the release date of the hotfix ? And for the 12.40 client ?

Thanks.

• Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello everybody,

The hotfix is currently in stage of testing by our beta group. If you wish to try  it already now, please, contact support.

This fix will be also included in Client Security 12.32 maintenance release, which will be published in sync with new version of Windows 10 - 1709.

Best regards,

Vad

• We have tested in our organisation the hotfix that your support send me via your ftp.

The problem still continue ....

This morning after Windows Updates, Chrome still crashing even with the installation of your hotfix.

We have tested with Windows 10 1703 and even the 1709 version. The bug is still here.

We are now, at the moment, obligated to disable completely the F-Secure firewall to avoid this bug.

I don't understand, it's the second hotfix that you have developped and the problem still continue ...

How test you your hotfix ?

It's not difficult, just take a computer, install on it Windows 10 Pro 64 bits in 1703 or 1709 version, install Chrome and F-Secure and voila ! You can test your hotfix and see by yourself the problem with Chrome.

Honnestly i will stop to hope a new hotfix or a new client version that will resolves this bug ...

For exemple, and we are not the only society to do this i'm think, we are working on all our organisation without the F-Secure firewall and with the Windows Firewall.

At least, Windows Defender is compatible with Google Chrome ...

I think that Windows 10 + Chrome is a widespread configuration in the world.

Thnak you for developping one day a hotfix that works.

It annoys me because F-Secure is a very good antivirus solution and resourcesless for the low end computer.

• Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello MSOISNT,

Thank you for your feedback.

We didn't guarantee that the current version of hotfix will work for everybody in all cases. I just mentioned here, that it's in testing stage, and everybody can try it.

We got the same result with the latest Windows update and will continue investigations.

Sorry for inconveniences.

Best regards,

Vad

• Hello,

In any case, i thank you for the rapid reply and for the work of this hotfix.

Cordially,

• Hello,

Can you let us a message every week to inform us the state of the development of this hotfix ?

Because actually we are obligated to work without the F-Secure firewall.

(The deployment of the 12.32 version is already done in our organization).

In advance thank you.

• Hello,

If the problem is not definitely resolved for end of December 2017, our organization will be obligated to change for another antivirus.

Cordially,

This discussion has been closed.