To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

CS 13 fails to install

anvarij
anvarij Posts: 15 Security Scout

Anyone having an issue installing 13? I have a test laptop. currently win7 64pro with 12.30 installed. It has the required KB2999226 installed. I downloaded the jar and imported it into PM13. exported as MSI. Installation results in a 1603 fatal error in the event log. tried the msi as a standalone (not exported from PM) and got the same results.  downloaded a fresh jar and used the ilaunchr utility to install. that results in an instant boot of the computer and no install. Downloaded 12.32 as a test and imported it tp PM13. exported MSI and installed it on same test laptop. that was successful. so I seem to be only having issues with CS13. anyone else seeing this?

Comments

• Shade
    Shade Posts: 9 Junior Protector

I have the same problem, CS13 wont install but CS 12.32 can.

I tried using the f-secure uninstallation tool, rebooted can tried agian with CS13 - then it "installs" or the installer finish, but CS13 main program are not installed.

• Vad
    Vad Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello anvarij, Shade,

Please, contact support. We will need diagnostic information from affected computer(s) for investigation.

Best regards,

Vad

• anvarij

will do.

• Shade
    Shade Posts: 9 Junior Protector

That was quick solved by support, I used a 12.xx only license key. With the new license key in hand, CS13 installed without any problems.

A better error message in CS13 could be useful in a future update.

• anvarij

Thats probably my issue also. Yes I agree. An error in PM when I put the key in would have been nice instead of it blindly accepting the wrong key I provided.

This discussion has been closed.

Categories