To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

F-secure CS13 is installed as a firewall provider Windows 10 1709

cajkod
cajkod Posts: 14 Security Scout

I'm having problem with Windows Security Center warning for Firewall. I have disabled Firewall on F-secure because i'm managing Firewall from Windows Firewall. This error shows only on Windows 10 1709, not on Windows 7. Any advice?

tnx

image.png

Comments

• Vad
    Vad Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello cajkod,

Try to install the product without firewall module, instead of disabling it.

Best regards,

Vad

• Rob-K
    Rob-K Posts: 33 Junior Protector

@cajkod wrote:

I'm having problem with Windows Security Center warning for Firewall. I have disabled Firewall on F-secure because i'm managing Firewall from Windows Firewall. This error shows only on Windows 10 1709, not on Windows 7. Any advice?

Check in Policy Manager: under advanced mode:

F-Secure Internet Shield / Settings / Installation
    - Disable Windows Firewall = NO

• cajkod

After installing F-secure CS without Internet Shield and now is everything ok. But i don't have Application Control and that's useful. Can i install only Application Control?

• cajkod

Disable Windows Firewall was on = NO!1.JPG

• Vad

No, you can not. It's a part of F-Secure Firewall.

Best regards,

Vad

• Rob-K
    Rob-K Posts: 33 Junior Protector

i know - but when he hads FSCS with the firewall module installed and wants to use the Windows Firewall - he need to set the FSCS Firewall to Allow all and have to change the setting for not disabling the Windows firewall.

if he deinstalls FSCS and reinstall it without the Firewall module - then you are right ;-)

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 669 Firewall Master

OMG, I thought we have overcome those loooong ago
    1) Wording: "Disable Windows Firewall" = ON   Please change this to display the status and not a double negation!

2) Having both Firewalls ready installed, but F-Secure Firewall turned off is a common setup. It enables the F-Secure Administrator to issue a emergency lockdown without the need to ask DomAdmins to change some GPs in A.

• Vad

Rob-K, just a small comment. Disable Windows Firewall policy setting is checked only during the product installation process. Changing it for already installed clients will not affect Windows Firewall.

Best regards,

Vad

• cajkod

Everything works fine on clients on Windows 10 1703 and Windows 7 but i only have problem on clients on Windows 10 1709. So my PM settings are correct.

This discussion has been closed.

Categories