Support? Where is Support?
I am looking for telephone support. I have a serious false-positive issue that has left a client unable to accept donations for nearly 3 days now.
I am in Canada, it is 9:34AM local (eastern standard) time. 1-866-476-0216 is the listed phone number - it plays a recording that says the office is closed. Online chat; closed.
What gives? This is the worst day for this to be offline.
Steps taken so far:
- Excluded specific executables and folders from scanning. Pushed policy - seems to make no difference.
- Changed action from "auto disinfect" to "report only". Pushed policy. Seems to make no difference.
- Sometimes the 14 year old .EXE file gets caught in Quarantine. I can release it. It seems to get re-caught hours later - and no longer in quarantine.
ARGH!! I AM EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED. The Policy manager appears to be NOT DOING what it is configured to do. Support appears to be NON-EXISTENT! WHAT THE HECK, PEOPLE?! HALP!!
- How are they supposed to solve a false alarm over the phone?
- In my experience false positive detections cannot be fixed by exclusions satisfactorily, especially since wildcard use rules are tricky in F-Secure AV. Rather, you need to submit samples so the AV company lab can fix the detection problem centrally.
- You need to submit the binary sample for evaluation, so they can fix it. See the upload form here:
(This is something only you can do, since only you have the affected files.)
Best Regards: Tamas Feher, Hungary.
They could ANSWER the telephone. That would be a NICE first step.
Once they answer, they could see if I am doing something obviously wrong with the exception rules that appear to be not working..
Yes, Samples have been submitted.
> if I am doing something obviously wrong with the exception rules
There are some knowledge base articles about rules for setting up F-Secure exclusions, simply or via wildcards:
- Excluding objects from F-Secure Real-Time scanning:
- Excluding process from F-Secure Real-Time scanning:
- Using wildcards in F-Secure exclusions:
Best Regards: Tamas Feher.
I appreciate your effort, but as I wrote in the original article - I appear to be having multiple problems and do not want to go back and forth via forum/community support.
This is an ideal case for telephone support; I can quickly knock off 2 or 3 distinct problems in one call with a knowledgable engineer. The fact that I can not do this over a weekend is not great -- but that the service is apparently not available for normal business hours for the east coast of North America is not acceptable to me (or anyone..).
Annoyed in Canada,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We did change our contact numbers for our Business support and looks like you might be using our old numbers to contact the support team. Please refer to this page to know the correct phone number in order to contact our support team.