To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Internet Explorer 11 Crashing On Systems With Client Security 13.10

Zoltar
Zoltar Posts: 23 Security Scout

Hi All / F-Secure,

Help!

We have, so far, over 200 reports of Internet Explorer 11 stopping working and crashing on our Windows 7 clients.

We think the number is far higher - but are still to be reported.

Is anyone one else having similar problems on IE on Windows 7?

A new fsamsi32.dll was distributed yesterday (28 March), and soon after that we started to get reports of customers having problems.

I am not very familiar with trying to debug problems, but a WinDBG seems to point to the F-Secure fsamsi32.dll on the Internet Explorer Crash Dump.

I have just placed a call with F-Secure - but not sure when they will start to look at it.

Thanks

Comments

• Rick1978
    Rick1978 Posts: 2 Security Scout

Hi Zoltar,

Disabling shockwave flash plugin seems to have solved it for me

For some reason it has something to do with recent F-secure updates.

Hope this helps

• Zoltar

Hi Rick,

Thanks for that update.

I just got an update from F-Secure.

For a test on just one system, they got me me unregister the fsamsi32.dll & fsamsi364.dll  files.

(We had identified the fsamsi32.dll  file as being as the cause of the crashing in some crash dumps we got out of IE)

This action also seems to resolve the IE crashing issue.

This has been fed back to F-Secure.
    They also  said that are now working on this issue as a "major incident" so hopefully we might see a permanent fix being released soon?

(I do hope we see a global fix soon - I have a lot  of customers who are very unhappy with me :<(  )

• Zoltar

Is there anybody from F-Secure who could keep all the members / customers updated via this forum  on the progress / timescales of this "major incident"?

• Zoltar

Hi F-Secure

Can we have an update on when you hope to release the fix for the “bad” Ultralight update of 28 March?

Currently I cannot get any response from Support about this “major incident”, and I feel a bit deserted by F-Secure at the moment.

I have a work around in place for customers who have connected to our domain, but I have hundreds of customers who are working standalone who will not get this internal fix, and will not be able use our corporate Internet Explorer browser.

They are relying on F-Secure to release a fix via their update channel

Does anyone else have a way into support and know any updates on this issue?

Thanks

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 237 Cybercrime Crusader

Hi Zoltar and Rick1978,

Yes, as you have mentioned, we are aware of the issue and the root cause is due to the AMSI module. We are working on this currently but we do not have a clear ETA yet.

I will get back to you with an update on this tomorrow.

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 237 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello Everyone,

Quick update: We have the fix ready; so please contact support in order to test the fix.

• Zoltar

Hi Laksh,

Being trying to get fix from support for an hour now - but they tell me that the fix has been withdrawn due to some issues?

Could you please confirm the current position.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.

Categories