To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Cancelling/Clearing installation of an update through Software Updater

lukasim
lukasim Posts: 4 Security Scout

A certain Windows update installed through Software updater caused a Blue Screen of Death on all our PCs of a specific model. After being able to recover using a system restore point, i would like to exclude these updates from being installed automatically.

I created an exclusion rule, which works fine on PCs where the update had not yet been installed.

However, on the affected PCs, the update is still shown as "Updating installation status", since it tried and failed installation before.

A forced new scan of required updates does not change anything on the state.

How can I reset the status of such an update and make sure it is not installed again?

Comments

• Vad
    Vad Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello lukasim,

What F-Secure product do you have on affected machines?

If you have Client Security, you can tune the F-Secure Software Updater > Installation log > Remove entries after policy. For example, if you had the BSOD a week ago, set the policy to 6 days, and the status will disappear from PMC in a short time. After that you can restore policy back to default 30 days, if you wish.

Best regards,

Vad

This discussion has been closed.

Categories