To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Malicious webpages through Emails - how to scan and block the best way?

YoinkZ
YoinkZ Posts: 22 Security Scout

Hi everyone,

So recentyly we moved everyone from our on-prem exchange server to the world of Microsoft (Office365).
One problem we've commed across is that a lot of phishing emails with a hyperlink ends up in users email inboxes. Some people end up pressing them and what we've seen so far is that some people end up on a webpage that asks for credentials and such stuff. If we manually scan the webpages they show up either as blacklisted or pages that ar potentially harmfull.

I'm just wonderring - is there anything in F-Secure I can tweak to make sure that some of the pages gets blocked when someone presses it? Is there anything I've missed in my Policy Manager under Web traffic scanning or is there a checkmark in my deepguard that I should enable?

I know that it gets harder for the AV / Spam solutions do catch these kind of webpages - but I just want to make sure we did what we could on the F-Secure.

Currently I'm looking into Advanced Threat Protection from Microsoft, but I just don't wanna pay a lot of money if we can do better by tweaking the settings.

Info: Policy Manager 12.31.79713 (will be updated shortly), Client Security Premium 12.33 build 110 (will also be updated shortly)

Thanks guys.

Comments

• YoinkZ
    YoinkZ Posts: 22 Security Scout

Hi,

Thanks for the reply - but will this be a sideproduct or something incorperated to F-Secure AV?

• etomcat
    etomcat Posts: 1,172 Firewall Master

Hello,

If I understand correctly, it's a completely separate product and partially cloud-based (but Office 365 is also in the cloud). Essentially it will be the next generation of F-Secure Internet Gatekeeper Appliance on steroids.

Best Regards: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

This discussion has been closed.

Categories